Zoom uses OpenAI technologies in Zoom IQ to bolster a unique federated approach to AI based on flexibility
An expansion of Zoom IQ, a smart companion that fosters collaboration and unleashes people’s potential, has been announced by Zoom Video Communications. Zoom IQ summarises conversation threads, groups concepts, creates meeting agendas, draughts content for chats, emails, and whiteboard sessions, and more. The business also disclosed that it will use OpenAI to support its own federated approach to AI that is built on flexibility.
The company’s federated approach to AI makes use of its own proprietary models, those from top AI vendors like OpenAI, and the models of a few select customers. Its objective is to meet the different needs of its consumers to the greatest extent possible, and it is able to do so by incorporating a variety of models. These models can also be altered based on a customer’s vocabulary and needs in order to work more effectively for them.
“Zoom has long built AI solutions into our products to empower customers to be more productive,” said Smita Hashim, chief product officer. “We are excited to bring many more capabilities with new large language models. Our unique approach to AI will give customers the flexibility they want and help significantly improve collaboration and customer relations.”
In today’s work environment, workers find it increasingly difficult to balance workday priorities between emails, team chats, meetings, and project management tasks. Teams are also looking for ways to better co-create effectively in real-time. To help solve these challenges, the IQ version will have a host of new capabilities scheduled to release soon, including:
- IQ chat compose: Team Chat users can soon use the compose feature to help compose messages based on conversational context in addition to changing message tone to customize suggested responses.
- IQ email compose: Harnessing the power of Generative AI, users will get email draft suggestions in response to the conversational context from prior Zoom Meetings, Zoom Phone calls, and email threads. Available initially in Zoom IQ for Sales.
- IQ meeting summary: Generate a summary, capture next steps, and share via Team Chat, Calendar, and email without recording the conversation, so those who didn’t attend will no longer have to sit through lengthy recordings.
Additionally at Enterprise Connect, the video communication technology is showcasing the following innovations to make teamwork more meaningful and strengthen customer relationships:
- Zoom Huddles is a new video-enabled virtual coworking space designed to foster ad-hoc discussions and relationship building, to replicate the “working alongside” aspect of an open office and encourage free-form video-first conversations. It is now available globally for customers to request early access by visiting the product page.
- Intelligent Director uses multiple cameras in a Zoom Room to determine the best angle of the individuals in the room to display within the meeting. With high-quality, reliable video and voice, Intelligent Director also provides a best-in-class experience for remote participants. Available in beta soon.
- Zoom Scheduler makes it easy to find the perfect time for meetings by sharing the host’s availability so others (even external participants) can conveniently book appointments. It reduces the back-and-forth hassle of manual scheduling by placing a meeting on the host’s calendar with a Meetings link already included, saving both participants time. It works seamlessly with Zoom Meetings and Zoom Mail and Calendar, and integrates with Google Calendar and Microsoft 365, so hosts can use their preferred calendar.Also read: Ransomware attacks and its preventionsDo Follow: CIO News LinkedIn Account | CIO News Facebook | CIO News Youtube | CIO News Twitter
CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics