In the early years of my career, I explored a lot of information technology (IT) functions like Networking, Systems, Developments, Database, Graphics, and IT Applications
When asked how he planned his career path to be a successful Group Head of IT, Tamer Hamdy El-Sayed, Group Head of IT at Amer Group, in an exclusive interview with CIO News, said, in my career, I followed the rule, ”Know Thing about Things, and Know Things about Things” that’s my golden rule I always stick to. So, in the early years of my career, I explored a lot of information technology (IT) functions like Networking, Systems, Developments, Database, Graphics, and IT Applications.
After almost four years, I thought “What’s the most thing I loved during these four years?”, so I decided to choose the most thing that I loved – “IT Applications”, then I took a break to search and learn more about deferent careers on IT Applications (ERP, Software Analysis, Industry Specific applications, etc.), I chose ERP and got myself trained on ERP by attending a course in Business to know more about the business cycle and finance.
When asked about challenges faced by technology leaders today in a similar industry while implementing digital technologies, he said:
- The resistance to change by organization employees
- The budget for transformation
- The integration between deferent technology to serve or needs
- Finding and Retaining Talent
When asked how technology leaders can overcome the challenges faced, he said:
- Good planning and focusing on cost, best practice in business without breaking the integration between deferent technologies, Scalable Processes
- Inspiring employees through a change in culture
- Set the right priority for business
- Set the success parameters
When asked about best practices/industry trends/advice he would like to suggest to fellow technology leaders for their successful professional journeys, he said:
- Always focus on business, not the technology itself
- Depending on the Business process and integration in between inside the company that leads to better controlling, reporting, and better engagement with customers and employees
- Always seek knowledge
He highlighted, “Process Re-Engineering must be done first inside the company with the help of IT Business Applications to support Digitization then Digitalization then Digital Transformation, also remember, what works with others not necessarily will work with you”.
CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics