Customer data may have been compromised in October breach, says Air Europa

0
39
Customer data may have been compromised in October breach, says Air Europa
Customer data may have been compromised in October breach, says Air Europa

According to Air Europa, the incident was promptly reported to the authorities and customers so that safety measures could be taken.

The Spanish carrier Air Europa warned on Friday that a security breach that was discovered in October of last year may have exposed the personal information of its customers.

In an email, Air Europa informed its clients that the company’s research had shown the possibility of name, ID card or passport details, date of birth, phone number, email address, and nationality details being compromised.

According to Air Europa, the incident was promptly reported to the authorities and customers so that safety measures could be taken.

“Air Europa continues to implement preventative measures in what is an ongoing process of security innovation given increasing incidents,” it said.

The online payment system of Madrid-based Air Europa was compromised in October by a cyberattack, exposing some of the credit card information of its patrons.

Without stating how many consumers were impacted, the carrier at the time claimed that no more information had been compromised.

International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG) has a 20% stake in Air Europa. In exchange for the remaining 80% of carrier Air Europa that it did not already own, IAG agreed to pay Spain’s Globalia 400 million euros ($434 million) last year. The deal has not closed because competition authorities are still reviewing the deal.

Also readWomen in the technology industry is constantly increasing, says Rajita Bhatnagar

Do FollowCIO News LinkedIn Account | CIO News Facebook | CIO News Youtube | CIO News Twitter 

About us:

CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics.