FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls deliver the industry’s best ROI, provide AI/ML-powered threat protection, and support the convergence of networking and security
Bangalore, India – January 4, 2023: Vishak Raman, Vice President of Sales, India, SAARC and Southeast Asia at Fortinet: “No other NGFW comes close to delivering the same price/performance, consistent AI/ML-powered security for both on-prem users and remote users using SASE, as well as natively converged networking features such as SD-WAN and ZTNA. The key to FortiGate’s success is over two decades of organic innovation of our purpose-built ASIC technology and the FortiOS operating system. We believe it is this dedication to innovation that has led to Fortinet’s recognition as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls with the highest Ability to Execute.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls, marking the thirteenth time Fortinet has been recognized in this Magic Quadrant. Fortinet placed highest in Ability to Execute and is recognized for its Completeness of Vision in the Magic Quadrant.
Fortinet believes that its placement as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls is a result of its ability to deliver:
- Protection against advanced threats with AI/ML-powered security and accelerated performance with purpose-built ASICS: FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) deliver multiple AI/ML-powered security services, empowering IT to combat advanced cybersecurity threats and avoid business disruptions. Thanks to a unique, purpose-built ASIC architecture, FortiGate NGFWs are engineered to deliver the industry’s best ROI and price-to-performance across essential security services, such as IPS, antivirus, DNS and URL filtering, application control, and more. This advantage extends beyond the network to FortiClient endpoint agents offering unified in-line CASB and in-line sandboxing.
- Powerful Networking and Security Convergence: FortiGate is more than just an NGFW. Via the power of the FortiOS operating system, FortiGate delivers one of the top Secure SD-WAN solutions, includes a powerful LAN edge controller, enables the industry’s only universal ZTNA application gateway, and facilitates the convergence of NOC and SOC.
- Integration with enhanced Secure Access Service Edge solution: Organizations that have already deployed FortiGate NGFWs and/or Fortinet Secure SD-WAN in the branch or data center can seamlessly connect their remote users to FortiSASE for private access without needing an additional license. This integration extends Fortinet’s existing ability to deliver granular application access with Fortinet Universal ZTNA by adding broader application access with SD-WAN to support the most comprehensive set of private applications running at the data center or public cloud, while also ensuring superior user experience.
- Unified IT operations with centralized management via FortiManager, aligning siloed IT teams through a single-pane-of-glass: FortiGate NGFWs are one of several products that enjoy single-pane management, automation, and visibility across the entire Fortinet Security Fabric, the industry’s highest performing cybersecurity mesh platform. This centralized management is enabled by FortiManager, and includes over 400 ecosystem partner integrations, simplified enterprise-wide workflows, and the maintenance of operational efficiency, while also delivering meaningful information to the NOC.
- Higher performance, environmentally sustainable: FortiGate NGFWs not only deliver higher performance, they also require significantly less power, helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals and reduce the carbon footprint of their IT infrastructure. With sustainability being a top-of-mind business concern for customers, Fortinet is committed to offering high-performance, low-power NGFWs that enable enterprises to use fewer firewalls to accomplish their business needs and reduce costs for space and cooling in the data center. As an example, our latest NGFW, the FortiGate 1000F, showcases a 2 to 7.4x performance advantage and up to 7x lower power consumption.
Additional Third-Party Recognition of FortiGate
Fortinet was also recently named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Firewalls, Q4 2022 report, which Fortinet believes is a further testament the role of FortiGate NGFWs in enabling digital acceleration for customers, made possible through the convergence of advanced networking and security capabilities.
In addition, Fortinet was named a 2022 Gartner® Peer Insights™ Customers’ Choice for Network Firewalls for the third year in a row, in recognition of the reviews that customers voluntarily submit about their experience with our FortiGate NGFWs.
Also read: Technology is a field with fast evolutions
Do Follow: CIO News LinkedIn Account | CIO News Facebook | CIO News Youtube | CIO News Twitter
CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics