Google introduces the Trillium processor, which quadruples the performance of AI data centers

0
56
Google introduces the Trillium processor, which quadruples the performance of AI data centers
Google introduces the Trillium processor, which quadruples the performance of AI data centers

Google parent Alphabet unveiled a new device on Tuesday called Trillium, which it claims is nearly five times quicker than its previous version in its artificial intelligence data center chip family.

In its artificial intelligence data center chip family, Google parent Alphabet (GOOGL.O) revealed a new product on Tuesday called Trillium, which it claims is almost five times faster than its previous iteration.

In a press call with reporters, Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai stated, “Industry demand for (machine learning) computers has grown by a factor of 1 million in the last six years, roughly increasing 10-fold every year.” “I think Google was built for this moment; we’ve been pioneering AI chips for more than a decade.”

About 80% of the market for AI data center chips is controlled by Nvidia, with Google’s TPUs accounting for the great majority of the remaining 20%. Through its cloud computing platform, the company leases access rather than selling the chip itself.

According to Google, the sixth-generation Trillium chip—which powers technology that produces text and other media from massive models—will reach 4.7 times better computational performance than the TPU v5e. Compared to the v5e, the Trillium processor has 67% higher energy efficiency.

Cloud customers will be able to purchase the new chip starting in “late 2024,” according to the business.

The engineers at Google were able to attain even greater performance advantages by augmenting the total bandwidth and high-bandwidth memory capacity. The huge quantities of sophisticated memory needed for AI models have been a barrier to further improving speed.

Also readUnveiling the Ethical Imperatives: Navigating the Intersection of AI and Cybersecurity

Do FollowCIO News LinkedIn Account | CIO News Facebook | CIO News Youtube | CIO News Twitter 

About us:

CIO News is the premier platform dedicated to delivering the latest news, updates, and insights from the CIO industry. As a trusted source in the technology and IT sector, we provide a comprehensive resource for executives and professionals seeking to stay informed and ahead of the curve. With a focus on cutting-edge developments and trends, CIO News serves as your go-to destination for staying abreast of the rapidly evolving landscape of technology and IT. Founded in June 2020, CIO News has rapidly evolved with ambitious growth plans to expand globally, targeting markets in the Middle East & Africa, ASEAN, USA, and the UK.

CIO News is a proprietary of Mercadeo Multiventures Pvt Ltd.