Technology leaders must be more agile and apply solutions faster to standardize processes, people, and practices across the globe
When asked how he planned his career path to be a successful IT leader, Dipesh Malaviya, IT Lead at Nivea India, in an exclusive interview with CIO News, said:
- To stay up to date with new technologies and skills, I constantly upgrade myself. I have made it a habit since starting my career to learn new skills and improve myself.
- Be flexible, optimistic, and ready to adopt new changes; consider them a prospect to explore new areas and keep going with supreme energy and concentration on the best contribution from my side.
When asked about challenges he faced in his career path and how he overcame them, he said:
- I initially encountered a lack of sources to execute projects. However, dedication and commitment helped me overcome the situation.
- I believe that hard work pays off with good results.
When asked about challenges faced by IT leaders today while implementing digital technologies, he said:
- Complicated architecture that relies on older technologies and products.
- Continuous development is happening in new technology for which skilled manpower is limited.
- Promoting the adoption of new tools and processes.
When asked how IT leaders can overcome the challenges they face, he said:
- Up-skilling resources, willingness to adapt, strategy to implement the technology without business interruptions.
When asked about best practices, industry trends, or advice he would like to suggest to fellow IT leaders for their successful professional journeys, he said:
- Be flexible, adaptive, and goal-oriented.
- Maximize resource utilisation and create solutions that should be cost-effective, user-friendly, and easy to implement and manage.
- Technology leaders must be more agile and apply solutions faster to standardize processes, people, and practices across the globe.
CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics