Allowing users to share anything with the artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot for future conversations, OpenAI introduced a new customised instructions’ feature for ChatGPT last month
A “huge set of ChatGPT updates are rolling out over the next week”, Logan Kilpatrick, Microsoft-owned OpenAI’s first developer advocate and developer relations expert, posted on X (formerly Twitter).
A number of users praised the new ChatGPT updates in reaction to his post.
Example prompts, suggested replies, and follow-up questions; a default GPT-4 setting so that paying ChatGPT Plus subscribers don’t have to toggle on the latest and most advanced publicly available OpenAI large language model (LLM) every time they start a new chat; support for multiple file uploads for all Plus users when using the OpenAI Code Interpreter plugin; and more are among the new features, Kilpatrick highlighted.
A user wrote, “Great updates. Would love the ability to search through the history.”
“Everyone wants this, and I hope it lands eventually! Search is live in iOS, btw,” Kilpatrick replied.
“These are great changes, congrats to the team! If possible, please consider making the pages translated and localised. Most people know that we can interact with it in many languages, but the landing pages and interaction pages are a major hurdle to people that don’t speak English,” another user said.
One more user commented, “Very solid updates. Love the default/suggested prompts! Text-based interfaces are very powerful, but users still don’t like looking at an empty text box. Much better for AI-powered apps to present users with context-aware suggestions that can be customised as needed.”
1. Example prompts: No more staring at a blank page!
2. Suggested replies: ChatGPT automatically synthesises follow-up questions. I’ve been using this for the last month, and it is very useful to reduce fatigue.
3. GPT-4 by default: When starting a new chat as a Plus user, ChatGPT will remember your previously selected model, a huge productivity win!
4. Uploading multiple files is now supported in the Code Interpreter beta for all Plus users.
5. Stay logged in: You’ll no longer be logged out every 2 weeks, and if you do, we have a sweet new welcome page!
6. Keyboard shortcuts: Work faster with shortcuts. Try ⌘ (Ctrl) + / to see the complete list.
Allowing users to share anything with the artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot for future conversations, OpenAI introduced a new customised instructions’ feature for ChatGPT last month.
“Custom instructions are currently available in Beta for Plus users, and we plan to roll them out to all users soon,” the company said in an article.
For new conversations, users can edit or delete custom instructions at any time.
CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics