As the current market is too competitive and evolving, as a technology leader we need to focus on WIN-WIN situation by enabling integration opportunities at every level of product/solution implementation and deployment
When asked how he planned his career path to be a successful technology leader, Rana mentioned in an exclusive interview with CIO News, I always follow three principles:
- I continued to learn and upgrade myself with new technologies, practices, processes, and platforms. Since several years, I have made it a habit to reserve every Saturday’s early morning for reading and learning something new – an investment in myself.
- Be patient, flexible, positive, and adaptive to changes; consider them an opportunity to explore new areas and keep going with unmatched efforts and focusing on the best contribution from my side.
- A balanced IQ, EQ, and SQ as a people and technology leader; TEAM is the best support in your growth, if every individual is equipped, empowered and open.
When asked about challenges he faced in his career path and how he overcame them, he said, “While studying and initial professional journey, I often encountered lack of resources.” However, dedication and commitment are key attributes that helped me to overcome the situation. I am a core believer in “The 1% Principle”: just 1% better everyday results in a 37.8% improvement every year.
When asked about challenges faced by technology leaders today while implementing digital technologies, he said:
- Legacy products and maintenance, complex and tightly coupled architecture on older technologies
- Budget and Security Constraints
- Lack of change management and digital transformation strategies
- Driving Adoption of New Tools & Processes
- Cultural shift
When asked how technology leaders can overcome the challenges they face, he said:
- Define change management and digital transformation strategies.
- Investing in technology, tools, processes, procedures, and platforms to enable and implement Digital Transformation Strategies.
- Be adaptive and agile.
- Define OKRs and align them with business objectives and the Digital Transformation strategy.
When asked about best practices, industry trends, or advice he would like to suggest to fellow technology leaders for their successful professional journeys, he said, “As the current market is too competitive and evolving, as a technology leader we need to focus on forming WIN-WIN situation by enabling integration opportunities at every level of product/solution implementation and deployment.” In this way, we can optimise resources and create more sustainable solutions at lower cost.
He highlighted that, as a technology leader, you will always be a reason for global betterment in terms of 4Ps (People, Process, Practice, and Platform) wherever you are and whatever you do!
Also read: CIO News interviews Shri Wangki Lowang, Minister (IT) of Arunachal Pradesh
Do Follow: CIO News LinkedIn Account | CIO News Facebook | CIO News Youtube | CIO News Twitter
CIO News, a proprietary of Mercadeo, produces award-winning content and resources for IT leaders across any industry through print articles and recorded video interviews on topics in the technology sector such as Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Robotics, Cyber-security, Data, Analytics, SOC, SASE, among other technology topics